role of project manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards.
2. Keeps immediate supervisor well-informed of activities and recommends corrective actions.
3. Manages and maintains Microsoft Windows applications and systems including but not limited to Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Exchange.
4. Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization’s local area network hardware/software.
5. Manages network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining routers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores; etc.
6. Conducts technology orientation and exit briefing for all staff; prepares technology and systems for new and exiting staff.
7. Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed.
8. Implements, administrates and maintains databases.
9. As needed and appropriate but no less than annually, provides written technology policy guidance to managers, supervisors, staff and consumers/participants.
10. Designs, develops and maintains web-based applications including websites and intranets. Continuously improves the organization’s Web site and Intranet; adds new functionality and improves user ability to maintain without technical support.
11. Provides technical supervision of technology interns; supervises other staff as directed; annually updates technology job descriptions; completes technology staff evaluations.
12. Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software.
13. Analyzes technology requirements and develops functional specifications. Conducts comparative analysis and competitive bidding when necessary.
14. Assists staff in understanding and using technology; conducts regular staff technology presentations and trainings.
15. Presents and implements technological alternatives to streamline functions and improve productivity.
16. Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology checklists.
17. Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies.
18. Manages technology inventory to include procurement and disposal.
19. Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses. Tracks software versions. Maintains centralized software use log.
20. Develops annual technology goals and detailed plans for goal accomplishment.
21. Utilizes the Requirements Log System to identify and timely complete technology requirements.
22. Creates and maintains LAN/WAN maintenance logs.
23. Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of information technology risks. Responsible for the completion of monthly risk management reports.
24. Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications.
25. Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization.
26. Manages and maximizes the utilization of technology centers. At least annually plans and conducts technology curriculums that generate revenue and/or provide technology experiences to specialized target groups including low-income, children, elderly, employers, etc.
27. Prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery plan.
28. Manages external technology projects.
29. Participates on committees, task forces, workgroups, etc. As directed, facilitates technology meetings and user groups.
30. Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with other organizations, ensuring the organization is well received and presented professionally and positively.
31. Respects confidentiality in discussing consumer/participant, staff, volunteer and organizational matters; also maintains confidentiality of organization, project, fiscal and personnel related information.
32. Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and training sessions.
33. Develops and manages technology budget and monitors and approves related expenditures. Reviews and approves cost pool expenditures.
34. Prepares reports for workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and trainings attended pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties; overnight travel occasionally required.
35. Reports to work regularly and on time.
36. Assists in other duties as needed and directed.