preparation of Brinjal Coriander Curry
Tender Green Brinjals – 1/4 kg
Oil for frying
Fresh Coconut – 3 tblsp, grated
Green Chillies – 5 to 6
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Roasted Gram – 1 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 medium bunch
Salt as required
1. Wash and dice brinjals into small pieces. Keep immersed in water till required.
2. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a deep frying pan, add brinjals and fry for few minutes.
3. Add ground paste with half cup of water, mix well, close with lid.
4. Cook in a reduced flame stirring in between to prevent sticking to pan.
5. When moisture is absorbed and curry becomes thick, remove from fire and serve with rice.