frequently asked questions in campus interviews
50 Questions Most Often Asked by Employers During the Interview with College Seniors
1. What are your long and short range goals and objectives; when and why did you establish these goals and how are you preparing
yourself to achieve them?
2. What specific goals, other than those related to your occupation, have you established for yourself for the next 10 years?
3. What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
4. What do you really want to do in life?
5. What are your long range career objectives?
6. How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
7. Why did you choose the career for which you have been preparing?
8. What are the most important rewards that you expect in your career?
9. Which is more important to you, the type of job you’ll be doing or the salary you’ll be making?
10. What do you expect to be earning in five years?
11. How would you describe yourself?
12. How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you?
13. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths? Your greatest weaknesses?
14. What qualifications do you have that make you think you’ll be sucessful in your career?
15. How has your college experience prepared you for a business career?
16. Why did you select your college or university?
17. What led you to choose your major or field of study?
18. What college subjects did you like best? Why?
19. What college subjects did you like least? Why?
20. Describe your most rewarding college experience.
21. Do you think your grades are a good indication of your academic achievement?
22. If you could do so, how would you plan your academic study differently? Why?
23. What changes would you make in your college or university? Why?
24. Do you have plans for continued study? An advanced degree?
25. What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
26. What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction? Why?
27. How do you determine or evaluate success?
28. How do you work under under pressure?
29. What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with it?
30. What have you learned from your mistakes?
31. What have you learned from participation in extracurricular activites?
32. What do you know about our company?
33. Why did you decide to seek a position with this company?
34. What criteria are you using to evaluate the company which you hope to work for?
35. What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
36. What kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
37. Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? Why?
38. In what part-time or summer jobs have you been most interested? Why?
39. How would describe the ideal job for you following graduation?
40. What do you think it takes to become successful in a company like ours?
41. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
42. If you were hiring a graduate for this position, what qualities would you look for?
43. Why should I hire you?
44. What qualities should a successful manager possess?
45. Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and those reporting to him/her?
46. Do you have a geographical preference? Why?
47. Will you relocate? Does relocation bother you?
48. Are you willing to travel?
49. Are you willing to spend at least six months as a trainee?
50. Why do you think you might like to live in a community in which our company is located?