45 degree layout
45-degree layout is highly recommended for
• Very wide power lines that are routed around corners. A guideline for very
wide is more than 30 to 40mm. In this case the stressing of the metal by high
currents is reduced.
• Wide lines or signal buses turning in opposite corners. See Figure 7.24 for
details. Significant area savings can be achieved.
• For signals routed close to the corners of the chip to avoid stress induced as
the chip is diced.
• I/O cells to reduce power surge in the corners and possible spikes in case
of ESD as discussed in a previous chapter.
• To save space when designing very repetitive structures or pitch-limited